Smoke Alarm Cleared by DMFD

​Dear Central Academy students and families,

There was a small smoke event in one of the basements of the parking garage at Central Academy today at 12:56 in the middle of period 5.  Friction caused enough smoke to trigger the fire alarm.   The Fire Department inspected the problem, ultimately clearing the building for occupancy by 1:13 PM. There was no fire.

The students and staff exited the building in under 2 minutes and waited outside while the Fire Department completed their inspection.

We know the cause of the problem was human error and are working with custodial and security to prevent it from happening again.

I am very proud of how quickly our staff and students responded to alarm.  No one was injured and classes resumed when students were allowed back into the building.  AMC testing began at 1:30 as scheduled.

Published on