Prep Academy Advisor
P: 515-242-7888 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Central Academy
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership at Drake University, August 2016.
- Specialist in Educational Leadership, Drake University, August 2012.
- Masters of Science, Science Education, University of Iowa, December 1993.
- Bachelors of Arts, Chemistry Education, University of Northern Iowa, March 1989.
- White House Champion of Change for School Turn Around (2012).
- Awarded Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching for State of Iowa (2009).
- National Board Certification in Adolescence and Young Adulthood Science (1999).
- School Improvement Leader: Roosevelt, North.
- Panelist, White House meeting on STEM Master Teacher Corps proposal, July 2012.
- Member, Governor’s Taskforce on Teacher Quality and compensation, March 2012– June 2013.
- Testifier, US Senate Subcommittee on Elementary and Secondary Education Act (NCLB) March 2011.
- Published, work cited in Heritage, M. (2010). Formative Assessment: Making it Happen in the Classroom. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin. P. 47 & 61.
- North High School: Physics, Chemistry and Applied Science.
- East High School: Earth Science
- Harding Middle School: Physical Science and Life Science; G/T class.
- Building Coordinator for Gifted and Talented programs at Harding Middle School.
Restoration and Safety Coordinator
Darci joined Central Academy in 2014, where she taught World Literature, Advanced Placement Language and Composition, and Advanced Placement Literature. Previously she taught DMACC Composition and Introduction to Literature at Roland-Story High School. During the summer, she also teaches for Grand View University and Des Moines Area Community College. She received her BS in English Literature and her Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and Environment from Iowa State University.