Central Academy is regularly ranked as the top Advanced Placement program by the Belin-Blank Center at the University of Iowa.
Our results speak for themselves. Last year, Central Academy students took a total of more than 800 AP exams with the following results:
- 83.7% of all Central Academy students took AP exams
- 79.5% of students taking an AP exam scored 3 or better
- The overall AP exam average: 3.53
Central Academy students have been recognized across the state and nation for their success in their AP coursework. In 2012, a record number of 190 students earned AP Scholar awards, including 29 AP National Scholars and the State of Iowa AP Scholar of the Year. In fact, since 1991, 34 of the 42 students recognized as State of Iowa AP Scholars have attended Central Academy.
Since 1991, Central Academy students have earned nearly 4,000 AP Scholar honors:
- 34 – AP State Scholars
- 298 – AP National Scholars
- 1,018 – AP Scholars with Distinction
- 630 – AP Scholars with Honor
- 1,909 – AP Scholars
For information about Advanced Placement course offerings at Central Academy, please click on the links to the right.