Materials Pick up
September 22, 2020
Hello Prep Academy students and families!
The print shop has completed printing of the Unit 2 materials for Math 7. Please come by Central Academy, 1912 Grand Ave, to pick up two workbooks. You’ll need Unit 2 parts1 and 2. Students have had access to the digital version of these materials in Canvas. The print copies give students an opportunity to work “off-screen”.
Print copies are on the left table in the front foyer. Our doors are unlocked from 8 – 4. You can park in the drive way and just dash in.
If you want us to mail them to you, please complete this SURVEY.
If you did not pick up your Welcome to Academy bag (pictured below), just let us know when you get here and we’ll get it for you!
September 16, 2020
Hello Central Academy Geometry and Algebra II students and families!
The print shop has completed printing of the Unit 2 materials for Geometry and Algebra II. Please come by Central Academy, 1912 Grand Ave, to pick up two workbooks. You’ll need Unit 2 parts1 and 2.
Geometry students begin Unit 2 on Tuesday, September 22.
Algebra II students begin Unit 2 on Friday, September 18. They do have access to the digital version of these materials in Canvas. The print copies give students an opportunity to work “off-screen”.
They are on the left table in the front foyer. Our doors are unlocked from 8 – 4. You can park in the drive way and just dash in.
If you want us to mail them to you, please complete this SURVEY.
September 15, 2020
English Books for most Academy classes arrived today and are ready for pick up!
Books are ready for 9th – 12th grade English courses.
CHOOSE ONE METHOD FOR DELIVERY
PICK UP: Please TELL us which day you’d like to come to Academy at 1912 Grand Ave. to pick up the novels you ordered. Please come to the school between 8 – 4 on school days. Please come through the Foyer and into the main lobby. Books will have student names on them, and placed on tables to your immediate left. If you haven’t picked up your supply bag, your novel will be in your bag under the table. (see picture below)
MAIL: If you want us to mail it to you, please complete this SURVEY.
English books for 8th grade classes have been delayed:
Next week your English classes will begin using the novel, “Metamorphosis”. We’ve had problems with our supplier filling our order for this title. We hope it will come in this week, but it may be next week before it arrives. Our back up plan is to provide you with an online copy at no cost.
The second book you need for your class, “The House on Mango Street” has arrived. However, to reduce the number of times you must come to the building, we will distribute both books together when Metamorphosis comes in.
September 9, 2020
Algebra I (8th Grade) Unit2 workbooks 1 and 2 are ready for pick up in the front foyer from 8 – 4 on school days. Students need the materials by September 15. If you want us to mail them to you, please complete this SURVEY.
September 4, 2020
Of course, the pandemic has impacted some of our suppliers. We loaded the bags with everything that had been delivered. And we were able to purchase online subscriptions to textbooks and simulations for some of our classes in the Sciences and Social Sciences. So, when some people got their bags, they were empty. *Heavy sigh* If I were to do it again, I’d put a note in every bag that would include this additional information:
Our English novels and some of our math workbooks did not arrive as expected. We are planning smaller pick up events to distribute those materials that are arriving late. Please take this SURVEY to help us design the distribution procedure that would work for your family. We’ll let you know as soon as the materials arrived. Our focus will be on Term 1 classes first, then Term 2 classes.
MISSED THE PICK-UP EVENT:
Some people were not able to come to materials pick up last week. When you log into your classes on Tuesday, your teacher will check if you have the materials you need. If you did not get your bag and you have Term 1 classes that need materials, please come to Academy during school hours (8 – 4). When you are in our driveway, give us a call (515-242-7888) and we’ll bring your bag out to you.
GOT THE WRONG STUFF OR MISSING STUFF:
Students, if you get something in your bag that you don’t need any more or by mistake, or if you are missing something, please fill out this ERROR REPORT. We’ll work out a plan to make it right as soon as possible. (Students must use their log in credentials to complete the error report so we can sync with our library system.)
MATERIALS FOR TERM 2 CLASSES:
If the materials you need are for a Term 2 class, you can always come and get your materials or your bag in October.
MAY 28: Pottery Studio materials pick up
Arriving Times and Details:
- Arrive at the time assigned to your class, if possible.
- 2nd & 3rd 9-10am
- 4th 10-11am
- 5th 11-12pm
- 6th & 7th 12-1pm
- Use the attached map to pick up work and create car line. You will need to enter BEHIND Central Campus and proceed up the ramp to Central Academy. You will not be entering the building. Carts and supplies will be set up in the parking spots directly in front of Central Academy. Please keep your car to the RIGHT side of the drive when entering the pick up area.
- We will go in the order of the line of cars.
- Please DO NOT park your car elsewhere and walk up.
- Only FIVE potters will be allowed out of their car at a time. We will let you know when it is your turn.
- Please allow plenty of time to wait in line. I can only estimate how quickly this process will go.
Social Distancing Measures BEFORE entering:
- Only the potter will be allowed out of the car.
- Please wear a mask and sanitize hands or put on gloves before leaving your car.
- Limit 5 potters out of cars at a time.
- Remain 6 feet apart from each other while out of your car.
- Bring your own boxes, newspaper, etc. to fit your needs.
- You will need to check and double check ALL carts for your pots. You know how it is!
- Your belongings from your “lil’ locker” will be in bags, organized by class and labeled with your name. These bags will be in cardboard boxes labeled by class.
- Graduates and returning students are asked to take all work home and store it until you return this fall or over winter break for alumni studio night.
- There will be trash cans available if you would like to discard any pots or belongings on site.
- View the “MAY28th” highlights on Instagram to see the carts and spot your pots before arriving to help speed up the process.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- I miss you all so much but we will have to refrain from casual conversation during pick up. Please email Ms. Green if you would like to chat!