Senior Recognition 2021
May 14, 2021
I’m extending the deadline for Stage Walk Videos to May 23. So much is running late this year from AP Exams to end of year celebrations. So, if you need more time to get your stage walk video done, I completely understand!
I will send you a message that I have received your Stage Walk Video and move it out of the upload folder once you have submitted it. And I will add your name to the video in the first 4 seconds if you aren’t able to.
I’ve really enjoyed the videos that have been submitted so far! They are delightful! So, thank you to all of you who have been able to upload a video already.
May 7, 2021
Once you have your video uploaded, I will send you a confirmation message by email and/or Teams. And I will move your video out of the uploads folder. Thank you to all of you who have submitted already!
Stage Walk Videos are due May 14. If you are having problems, please let me know so we can problem solve together!
May 2, 2021
Dear Central Academy Seniors and families,
Normally, during the Academy Senior Recognition Ceremony we have a few speeches, a few special awards, and each senior present walks across the stage to receive a certificate. You would also get the very lovely program that includes full color photos of every senior who submitted one.
This year, the Class of 2021 will get a special opportunity. Each senior who is enrolled at Academy this year is invited to submit a short video (10 – 30 seconds) to be included in a Virtual Ceremony. Videos are due by May 14, 2021.
This is your ‘crossing the stage’ moment. It does not have to be a video of you literally crossing the stage, however. This is your opportunity to leave your legacy at Academy. It can be a message to your future selves or those who come after you. Your message can be about the future, or about the past, or about the now.
Keep in mind:
- This is a celebration of your time at Academy.
- This is a solo performance. Each person gets a moment on the stage, so the video should feature YOU.
- This is a school event and must be appropriate for children.
- You video must meet YouTube’s community guidelines and copyright rules (including music use).
- Keep it between 10 and 30 seconds (length of a TV commercial). We’ve got 223 seniors at Academy this semester. You won’t be able to say a lot, so say something that is important or unique. Boil it down to one idea.
- Include your written name in a title or caption during the first 4 seconds of the video. If you’re not able to include your name, I can do it for you.
- Submit a .mp4 or .mov file by uploading it to this FOLDER. You have to sign in with your DMPS ID.
- You could capture the video on your phone.
- You could use a computer and do a screen capture.
- You could use video editing software to craft your 30 seconds.
- If you don’t have tools to record a video, email me and I’ll problem solve with you. I’ve made videos on my school computer and also using Teams. We could even get an audio recording and play it with your senior picture as the video. I bet we could figure something out.
- Watch this EXAMPLE!
- Think about how you orient your CAMERA.
- Think about LIGHTING.
- Include your NAME in the first 4 seconds of the video. (Gogerty can do it for you, too!)
- How to SUBMIT your Video.
- UPLOAD: Submit a .mp4 or .mov file by uploading it to this FOLDER. You have to sign in with your DMPS ID.
- See last year’s recognition ceremony CLASS of 2020 (Stage Walk Videos start at 34:17)
I will assemble the recognition and award speeches and stage-walk videos into one Senior Recognition Movie and publish it on YouTube at the end of May. By submitting a video to me, you are giving me permission to use it in the Senior Recognition Virtual Ceremony.
We will mail you your certificate and your lovely program– even if you don’t make a video. But I hope you will participate. I’ve missed seeing you every day this year. It will bring such joy to me and your classmates to see your creativity!
Hope to hear from you soon!