Virtual Senior Recognition Ceremony
- Watch this EXAMPLE!
- Think about how you orient your CAMERA.
- Think about LIGHTING.
- Include your NAME in the first 4 seconds of the video. (Gogerty can do it for you, too!)
- How to SUBMIT your Video.
- See last year’s recognition ceremony CLASS of 2020 (Stage Walk Videos start at 34:17)
UPLOAD: Submit a .mp4 or .mov file by uploading it to the submission FOLDER. You have to sign in with your DMPS ID.
NOT SURE IF YOU CAN DO THIS?
Some of you may be struggling with, “I don’t know what to say,” in your Stage Walk Video. Remember, this is about showing up and being a visible member of this class of 2021. We can’t be us without U!
The videos that have come in so far have been a variety of sweet, serious, and funny. There have been expressions of gratitude, whimsical and silly commentaries, memories about Academy experiences, and documentation of this spring’s unusual activities during building closure. There have been statements of hope and statements of purpose. There have been dances, sighs, laughs, and even demonstrations of personal hygiene. Some have no speaking at all and others are short speeches.
Gifted people often struggle with too many ideas. It is hard to narrow down all the options. So it is natural to blank out (not be able to think of anything) or try to do too much. That’s what makes this assignment hard. Ten to thirty seconds is not a lot of time, so you have to narrow it down. Don’t try to overthink it. Just be yourself. Because it is the people who make Academy what it is. And you are enough, just as you are.
When you submit your video, I will send you an email to your school email address to let you know that I got it. Remember, I remove the videos from the folder as I place them in the larger movie. So, if you check back, it may no longer be there. Thus, the email notification.
Finally, if you are having some technical difficulties, maybe I can help. I do have a converter application that allows me to convert other file formats to .mp4 or .mov. I also can add your name to the first 4 seconds. It is easy for me to do. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are experiencing difficulties. Together we can solve almost any problem.
Keep up the good work, friends! This is going to be the most amazing collaborative project ever!
Keep in mind:
- This is a celebration of your time at Academy.
- This is a solo performance. Each person gets a moment on the stage, so the video should feature YOU.
- This is a school event and must be appropriate for children.
- You video must meet YouTube’s community guidelines and copyright rules (including music use).
- Keep it between 10 and 30 seconds (length of a TV commercial). We’ve got 223 seniors at Academy this semester. You won’t be able to say a lot, so say something that is important or unique. Boil it down to one idea.
- Include your written name in a title or caption during the first 4 seconds of the video. If you’re not able to include your name, I can do it for you.
- Submit a .mp4 or .mov file by uploading it to this FOLDER. You have to sign in with your DMPS ID.
- You could capture the video on your phone.
- You could use a computer and do a screen capture.
- You could use video editing software to craft your 30 seconds.
- If you don’t have tools to record a video, email me and I’ll problem solve with you. I’ve made videos on my school computer and also using Teams. We could even get an audio recording and play it with your senior picture as the video. I bet we could figure something out.
I will assemble the recognition and award speeches and stage-walk videos into one Senior Recognition Movie and publish it on YouTube by mid to late May. By submitting a video to me, you are giving me permission to use it in the Senior Recognition Virtual Ceremony.
We will mail you your certificate and your lovely program– even if you don’t make a video. But I hope you will participate. In every setback, there is opportunity. I hope you seize this opportunity with joy and creativity!
Hope to hear from you soon!